Select Your Language

From November 2014, the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 extended our powers in relation to care homes, domiciliary care and palliative care services.

We could always consider complaints by people whose care has been arranged by public services (or by someone acting on their behalf), for instance in care homes. However, from November 2014 we can also consider complaints from people who arrange and fund their own care.

Independent palliative care services is a new area of our jurisdiction. For us to be able to consider a complaint about such service it must have received public funding (e.g. from a health board or council) in the past three years prior to the matter being complained about.

More information about complaining about these services is available in the booklet here.