Select Your Language

We are happy to accept and respond to correspondence in Welsh. This will not lead to a delay. All our documents are available in both Welsh and English.

We can consider complaints

  • about a public service provider
  • about an independent care provider, or
  • that a local authority member has breached the code of conduct.

How to Complain

Please see the links to our booklets below and read the booklet relevant to the type of complaint you want to make. This information will help you understand the matters that we can and cannot look at and will tell you what will happen with your complaint. You can also telephone us for information about making a complaint. If, having considered the information, you decide that you want to make a complaint, you can do so by:

If you want to complain about a public service provider, our online complaint form will automatically help you identify the body you want to complaint about (in the case of a complaint about an independent care provider you will be asked to enter their details). However, if you decide to complete the printed out complaint form, please check that the organisation you want to complain about is one we can look into (the list is available here).

Helpful Information

To help you understand how we deal with your complaint you can access our flowcharts here and here.

Guidance on how to complain to us

Want to complain about a public body?

Want to complain about the care you pay for?

Want to complain that a local authority councillor has broken the code of conduct?

A young person’s guide to making a complaint

Complaints Handling Process – Summary

Code of Conduct Complaints Process – Summary

Oral Complaints Process (Flowchart)

Communication about your complaint – Information Sheet

Visit our Accessibility page here.

Ready to make a complaint?

Download the appropriate form: (The service provider form can be used for both public and independent service provider complaints.)

Service provider complaint form

Service provider complaint form (Easy Read)

1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae
CF35 5LJ
0300 790 0203


Please help us to help you

In times of trouble or distress, some people may act out of character. There may have been upsetting or distressing circumstances leading up to a complaint. We do not view behaviour as unacceptable just because someone is forceful or determined.

We believe that all complainants should have the right to be heard, understood and respected. However, our staff also have the same rights. We, therefore, expect you to be polite and courteous in your dealings with us. We will not tolerate aggressive or abusive behaviour, unreasonable demands or unreasonable persistence.