This factsheet explains how what complaints we can look at. It also directs you to more information about how we will deal with your complaint.

Meeting your needs

We want to make it easy for everyone to use our services.  We cannot advocate on your behalf but we can point to you an organisation that can help. We can also change the way we communicate with you depending on your needs. Please let us know what your needs are, and we will do our best to help. You can find more information about the support we can offer here.

What we can look into

We can look into complaints about:

  • self funded care – that is, services provided by a care home to an adult who pays for their own care. We can consider matters relating to both personal and nursing care
  • domiciliary care – that is, where people have purchased their own personal care provided at their home
  • independent palliative care services – this can include hospice and community palliative services. (We can only consider a complaint if the service has received public funding in the three years before the issue being complained about arose.)

Occasionally, a complaint can involve more than one organisation. If as well as the independent care provider you want to complain about services provided by a public body, such as the NHS in Wales or your local council, we can look into these parts of your complaint too.

How we will deal with your complaint

If you complain to us about an independent care provider, we will deal with that complaint in the same way as we deal with complaints about any other service provider. You can find a detailed guide here.