We are seeking your views on our draft Strategic Plan, shaping the priorities of our office for 2023-2026.
Consultation Closing Date: midnight on 22 November 2022
Purpose of the consultation
Our previous Corporate Plan covered the period from 2019 to 2022. We are now developing a new set of strategic aims to deliver our ambition for the office:
- People of Wales feel that public services treat them fairly and respond when things go wrong.
- Welsh public services listen to individuals and use their complaints to learn and improve.
- Welsh local government is trusted to deliver the highest standards of conduct.
- The Public Services Ombudsman for Wales continues to be an influential and respected voice in public service improvement.
To deliver this ambition, we know that we need to negotiate the challenges facing the public sector, and our office, in the new, post-pandemic Wales. We will need to explore new ways of working and do more to demonstrate how we are making a difference.
Our proposed Strategic Aims are:
- Delivering justice with a positive impact for people and public services
- Increasing accessibility and inclusion
- Expanding our proactive improvement work
- Ensuring that we are a healthy, efficient and accountable organisation
We are a publicly funded body, accountable for how we use our resources to the Welsh Parliament / Senedd Cymru. Our proposed Strategic Plan is ambitious, but realistic about the resources and capacity available to us. We understand that the scope of the final Plan will depend on the resources entrusted to us by the Senedd.
See the download section at the bottom of the page for the draft Strategic Plan in different formats.
Our draft Strategic Plan:
You can view our draft Plan here:
- Is our ambition as set out in the Plan clear and appropriate?
- Do our stated Strategic Aims adequately address the challenges that we face? If not, what changes would you suggest?
- We will develop more detailed annual plans of action, but have included high level proposed actions in our Strategic Plan. Please share with us your view on our proposed actions under each Strategic Aim.
- Do you agree with our stated approach to how we will demonstrate the influence and impact of our work? Can you suggest any other ways of measuring how we make a difference?
- We will continue to work in accordance with the Welsh Language Standards and will ensure our service can be accessed in Welsh and English. What effects could the Plan have on the Welsh language and specifically on opportunities for people to use Welsh and on treating the Welsh language no less favourably than English? How could positive effects be increased, or negative effects be mitigated?
- Do you have any other comments our draft Strategic Plan?
How to respond
Please share with us your views by midnight 22 November 2022 in any of the following ways:
- Complete our online form
- Email your response to email@example.com
- Post your response to: Public Services Ombudsman for Wales, 1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae, Pencoed CF35 5LJ
- Call us on 0300 790 0203 and ask to speak to a member of our Communications Team
- Join an online open meeting: go here to register.
You may view this document in Welsh. If you need it in another format, please contact us.
Under the data protection legislation, you have the right:
- to be informed of the personal data held about you and to access it
- to require us to rectify inaccuracies in that data
- to (in certain circumstances) object to or restrict processing
- for (in certain circumstances) your data to be ‘erased’
- to (in certain circumstances) data portability
- to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who is our independent regulator for data protection.
Responses to consultations maybe be made public, on the internet or in a report. If you would prefer your response to remain anonymous, please tell us.
Please see our General Privacy Notice for further details about the information the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales holds and its use, or if you want to exercise your rights under the GDPR. Our Consultations Privacy Notice has more information about how we use your data for consultations.