Repairs and maintenance (inc dampness/improvements and alterations eg central heating. double glazing)
Bron Afon Community Housing Ltd
Ms X complained that Bron Afon Community Housing (“the Housing Association”) failed to carry out repairs to her home. She stated that she had experienced problems for a number of years.
The Ombudsman noted Ms X’s concerns and asked the Housing Association to carry out action in resolution of the complaint. The Housing Association agreed to carry out the following:
· To undertake a home visit in June 2021 to inspect the repairs required to the property.
· Carryout repairs to the fascia boards and guttering including any repairs required to ensure there is no water penetration through the existing roof.
· To prioritise Ms X’s property within its programme of roof renewal for the properties in the area, to commence in April 2022.
· Offer financial redress in the sum of£125 in recognition of the time and trouble spent pursuing the complaint.
· Issue an apology letter in respect of the handling of the case.